Ready to Learn?

Welcome to my Blog about Medieval History! If you have any questions or coments email me at cblogger22@gmail.com.

Different Dynastys

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Mary I, Bloody Mary or Kind Mary

Mary I was nicknamed 'bloody' Mary in her time, but history shows us that she really wasn't all that bloody. When she first became Queen, she pardoned four prisoners from the Tower of London. She was the first and I think only monarch to do a kind act like that. Sure she burned at least 300 of her own priests at the steak, but she only did that because she thought that was best. I think that all she wanted was a perfect reign for her kingdom, so in her mind she thought that she should kill them. I know that she probably went a little mad for love, since she killed her half cousin to be able to marry King Philip of Spain. Her half cousin was the famous Queen for nine days, Lady Jane Grey.

So tell me what you think in your comments. Kind or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment